In a world that feels like it’s moving faster than ever, it makes sense if you’re feeling over whelmed right now. Life events, like bereavement, or money worries can take their toll and before too long we might find we’ve lost some of our mojo – our energy, motivation or sense of purpose.
There are lots of things that might help you get your sparkle back, and if you’re struggling with your mood or money right now here is a list of agencies that might help. In the meantime here are five tips:
1. Enjoy simple pleasures. Make time for a cuppa, read a favourite book, or treat yourself to a bunch of flowers if you can afford. The little things count.
2. Find things that help you smile. Have you stopped doing something that used to bring you joy? See if you can reconnect with an old hobby or have a look for one that might lift your spirits. It might be photography, short story writing or painting. Find what puts a little sparkle back in your step.
3. Spend time with people who “get” you. Do the people in your life lift you up or bring you down? Liz Gilbert (author of Eat. Pray. Love) once said “You can love everybody but some you must love from a safe distance.” Pick wisely who you invest time in, and don’t be afraid to set boundaries when you need.
4. Connect with nature. Whether it’s hugging trees, enjoying a local park in full bloom or going for a walk in the fresh air, research shows that time in nature is good for our mental health. See what works for you.
5. Make time to to reset and recharge. In our busy world it can seem like there’s always so much to do and every minute of our day is accounted for. But it’s ok to make your well-being a priority. Think about where you feel “at home” where you can bring yourself back to centre. Perhaps it’s by the sea or you have sacred places (like Avebury, Glastonbury) where you feel rested and can unwind.
Just as you plug your phone in at the end of the day to recharge, it’s important that you make space to do the same for yourself. Do what you can when you can, to make space for relaxation and self-care.
For more tips straight to your inbox to help you find your mojo and get your sparkle back, subscribe here.
Delphi is the author of Answers In The Dark: Grief, Sleep and How Dreams Can Help You Heal, out now on Amazon and Hive.
Copyright Delphi Ellis 2023
One thought on “5 Tips to Boost Your Mojo”
Comments are closed.