In my workshops I talk about happiness, that being the real meaning of it. I talk about how shops and online retailers will have us believe that in order to be happy, you need what they have. This image arrived in my inbox today, and is a perfect example of this.
The only problem is, that as soon as you buy what they’re offering, they’ll bring out a newer, better, faster version of it. The journey to happiness – the way retailers want you to believe – is long and expensive.
What if, though, it starts somewhere else?
- By deciding what’s in your control, and what isn’t
- By ditching comparisons with everyone else
- By growing your tribe in such a way that they can sit with you, even when you’re at your lowest, without feeling the need to judge or fix you
- By reclaiming your power, and taking care of yourself
- By reaching out to people – when you’re ready – who can help you without it costing a fortune.
Being happy starts with being at peace with yourself, and knowing that even when it all goes horribly wrong or as if the world has turned against you, you know who you are, and that you’re alright. That takes time, some patience and knowing where to start. We’re all different, so find your way to happiness without believing that a retailer can wrap it up for you.
(P.s. I deleted the email without even reading what they said I needed!)
For free Monday Mojo™ straight to your inbox, click here
©️ Delphi Ellis 2019